This is an appeal on behalf of our surviving Filipino WWII veterans for the U.S. House of Representative to pass SB.1315 better known as the 'Filipino Veterans Equity Act.'
Out of the more than 400,000 listed after WWII, only about 20,000 remain. Time is of the essence as they are in their mid-80s and their numbers are dwindling. In a few years they will all be gone. For the first time ever, the Filipino Veterans Equity Bill has passed Committee levels of both Houses and has passed the US Senate. Now, we need the 260 congressman to say yes to SB.1315 at the House of Representative.
S.1315 was passed by the U.S. Senate on April 24, and it contains a range of benefits for U.S. veterans, as well as benefits for our surviving Filipino WWII veterans. We must all ask Speaker Pelosi to move S.1315 towards approval and we should contact our U.S. Representatives to support the House version of S.1315 and to ensure that the benefits to Filipino WWII veterans are not amended or removed.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT:
1. CALL SPEAKER PELOSI NOW!!
The contact phone is 202-225-0100. Or email her directly here: http://speaker.house.gov/contact/. Tell her: I AM [your name], A VOTER FROM [your home state]. I ASK THAT YOU LEAD THE HOUSE TO PASS S.1315, THE VETERANS' BENEFITS ENHANCEMENT ACT OF 2007, AND DO NOT AMEND OR REMOVE THE BENEFITS IN IT FOR THE FILIPINO WWII VETERANS.
2. CALL ON YOUR US REPRESENTATIVES, OR TELEPHONE, FAX, OR EMAIL THEM, NOW!!
The contact information for your Congressman is on http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/dbq/officials/. Or email your message using the process below. Tell them: I AM [your name], A VOTER FROM [your hometown/city], [your home state]. I ASK THAT YOU SUPPORT S.1315 AND DO NOT AMEND/REMOVE THE BENEFITS FOR THE FILIPINO WWII VETERANS.
I just sent an email to my representative by following along with the very SIMPLE steps below. You should do the same NOW. Do each step as you read it now:
1. Open your web browser and go to http://www3.capwiz.com/c-span/dbq/officials/
2. Enter your zip code and click on GO. You will go to a new page with the list of your elected officials.
3. On the bottom of the leftmost column, click on the name of your U.S. Representative.
4. You will go to a new page with your Representative's photo and contact information. Click on SEND MESSAGE in blue under the photo.
5. You will go to a new page where you will type in and send your message.
6. In the subject box, enter: SUPPORT S1315 AND DO NOT AMEND FILIPINO VETERANS BENEFITS.
7. Click on the arrow on the Issue Area and select VETERANS AFFAIRS at the very end of the list
8. In the message box, enter: I AM A VOTER FROM [your home town/city], [your home state]. I ASK THAT YOU SUPPORT S.1315 AND DO NOT AMEND THE BENEFITS IN IT FOR FILIPINO WW2 VETERANS.
9. Type in your name in the Name box.
10. Complete Part 2 with your contact information. This is important. It will show to the US Representative that you are indeed from his voting district.
11. Make sure the REMEMBER ME box is checked.
12. Click the SEND MESSAGE in blue in the bottom. You will get an acknowledgement page that your message has been sent.
13. When you have sent your message, help each of your family and friends of voting age to do the same thing.
14. Add the web page to your list of FAVORITES so you can use it for follow-up messages later.
15. That is it. If you haven't been following along, go back to step 1, and DO IT RIGHT NOW!
Capitol Switchboard : (202)-224-3121
Call the House of Representatives today and help make history and help pass SB.1315